Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hair Cut Time

Yep, last night was barber time.  Both my boys were due for a trim and since dinner was in the crock-pot, we put some cartoons on, cut Cole's hair and then cut Nick's hair.  My fingers were ready to fall off and I was more than happy to get off my feet, but all in all in was a good evening:-)

I have a few cute stories to share about Cole and daycare.  On Monday, Cole cried when I dropped him off at daycare.  He hid in his cubby and tried to put his coat back on...it was so sad leaving him.  When I came to pick him up, though, he was playing with Mr. Potato head and he didn't want to leave!  I almost had to drag him out of there (definitly a first!).  All last week he fussed and cried when we put him in the car seat--we wondered if he though we were taking him to the hospital again :-)  But, Tuesday morning, he was all smiles when I took him to daycare?!?  When I picked him up, again, he did not rush to meet me, instead he started bending over and touching his toes--what?!?  He came closer to me and touched his toes again--this time I asked him what he was doing and fortunately one of the teachers was able to fill me in and said they had learned a new yoga pose today, which involved touching toes.  Apparently, Cole didn't do it during circle time, but the minute he saw me he wanted to show me what he "learned". Too Cute!  Next he looks at me and signs "ELEPHANT"?1?  What?  "Cole why are you saying elephant?"  Again, one of the teachers said "Oh, we just learned the sign for elephant today."  Apparently, Cole wanted to tell me about his exciting day at daycare. TOO CUTE!:-)

No comments: