Cole just had his 15 month checkup on Wednesday. He weighed in at 24lb 5 oz (a little less then what we weighed at the hospital a week and a half before?), which put him in the 40th percentile. His height is 33 1/2 inches, which puts him in the 99th percentile. Well, that's my tall skinny boy! No wonder his pants are getting short on him and the waist is still too big on him...gonna have to start looking for skinny jeans:-)
Okay, here's a rundown of some of the things he is doing these days:
Speech: I finally sat down and counted all of the signs he knows. So, the total is somewhere between 45-55 depending on how you define "know the sign". Some he understands, some he produces perfectly, some he produces partially. As far as spoken words go, he has a half of dozen or more. Most of his words are combined with a sign. So, "ba" might not mean much on its own, but combine with the sign for BALL, BOOK or BATH--it really starts to make sense. He is constantly talking and jabbering. I've even caught him signing to himself while he is playing with his toys! Too cute.
Feeding: He's always been a good eater and he continues to eat well, but he is picky about the texture of foods. He doesn't care of green beans (too stringy) or any other stringy food for that matter. He handles a fork and spoon quite well. He will let you feed him, but most of the time prefers to do it himself. He knows the signs for apple, banana, pear, carrot, cracker, fish (cracker), hot, more and all done...so many times he can tells us what he wants to eat. Recently, I taught him to say "yes". At the end of a meal, I offered him a graham cracker and he said "no,no,no"--so I took it away and he said "no,no,no". Hmm...this had me puzzled for a little bit, then I realized he didn't know how to say "yes"! Well, that explained some things! Now "yes" is one of his favorite words at meal time:-)
Walking/Climbing: He is off to the races--nothing is holding him back--watch out!
Big Changes Coming Up: We are switching him to a new daycare on Monday. I anticipate that this change may be rough on him. He likes his routine and when we disrupt it for any reason it throws him off a little. We are switching him to a church daycare near where we live. We are hoping that this will be a good fit. This daycare just opened up so he will be the fourth kid in his class! The director will be teaching his class for the time being. We like her a lot, so I feel good about that. The major change for me is the extra prep for getting him to school in the morning. This daycare does not offer lunch, so I have to pack a lunch for Cole. Extra work, but I'm excited because I didn't really care for the type of food that was served at his previous place (i.e. pizza bites, nuggets, mac'n cheese etc).
No comments:
Post a Comment