Yesterday, we spent the afternoon shopping at the outlet mall about 1 hour from our house. That meant Cole spent a lot of time in his car seat and stroller, which meant he was running around the house with WAY too much energy just hours before bedtime. I decided to give him his bath an hour or so before his bedtime to try to start calming him down. After his bath, he was in his room screaming--he would stop, look at me and say "Cole 'teaming"--then he would scream som more. Yes, I was a little nervous about getting this guy down for bed:-)
I let him stay up about 1/2 hour longer than usual, but finally I had to attempt the bedtime routine. Recently, he has requested that we read his Bibles before going to bed--I had tried reading them a while back, but the text is over his head and the ratio of text to pictures was not right for him. Then one day, he brought me his Bible and said "read 'dis". A few nights later, he was fussing and fussing in bed--I finally got him up out of bed and asked him to show me what he wanted and he walked over to find his Bible and said "read 'dis"
So (fast forward to last night), I brought him up to his room and got both of his Bibles out. I started reading (by reading I mean I tell him the story in a way I think he would understand:-). He sat quitly on my lap for the whole new testament (aka four stories), then I had to read something from the other Bible (1 story). Then I prayed with him. Put him to bed....and never heard a peep from him!(which never happens, even on a good day).
1 comment:
awesome - even "little" souls hungry for the Word!
Post a Comment