Wednesday, March 30, 2011
"Drole de Galette"
So Cole has been asking me to read the same French book over and over again. I got this book from Mom and the story itself is somewhat above Cole's comprehension level and it's in French! The pictures aren't the greatest...but he insist that I read it to him. He now knows that it's called "Drole de Galette". He knows the word "Galette" and "dent" (since the people break their teeth biting into the rocks in the Galettes). He's learning "chien" and "couronne". His favorite questions are "What they doooing mama? What they dooing?" and "What they sayyying mama? What they sayyying?". So, I read each page, then I explain as much of it as I can. Last night he decided that he likes Galettes and I should make one for him! LOL. I actually have the ingredients, so I may make one soon. We settled on making pancakes instead. He also likes the story "Pancakes! Pancakes!" which describes in detail how to make pancakes. Cole was all excited and was telling me what ingredients I needed and where I could find them. "Mama, we need eggs....they syrup is in the pantry, mama...right d'ere mama...we need milk, mama..." Well, he was a little disapointed when the pancake mix only called for water!!! In the end, we made blueberry pancakes and scrambled eggs. He ate a full serving of eggs, 2 pancakes, 1 applesauce cup, and was still hungry, so I gave him a banana. He wanted a whole banana. "Mama, I want Big One!" (that's code for don't cut the banana up). I wasn't sure how he was going to eat it. It turns out he nibbled around the whole thing! He ate it kind of like how you would eat corn on the cob! It was hilarious...in the end we had to give the rest to Isa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment