Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Funny Stories

Here's a few recent funny stories.  In no particular order:

(background story:  Cole likes to feel my belly while he falls asleep.  He likes to feel the baby kicking.)  The other night, we asked Cole if Mom or Dad should put him to bed.  We usually don't give him a choice, but tonight we were both available.  Cole chose Mom.  On our way up the stairs, I asked Cole: "Why did you want Mommy to put you to bed?" "Because you have the BIGGER belly!"

My car had spent some time at the shop.  As a result, my car had a strong 'car shop' order to it.  Cole: "Mommy, what's that smell?" "It's the car shop smell" "No, Mommy, it smells like markers" (hmm..actually, it does have kind of a strong marker/alcohol smell to it.).  It just so happened, that we had to go back to the shop that day.  As soon as we entered into the waiting room, I asked Cole: "Doesn't this smell like our car?" "Cole, Yes! It's the same smells as our car." "Cole, this is what I meant when I said the car smelled like the car shop."  "No, Mommy, it smells the same b/c they have markers here!" "What?" "Look, right here is a big marker" (Cole finds a huge sharpie on the reception desk). "Cole, why do you think a car shop has markers?" "To put our name on our car!" (no, duh!).

On our way back from running errands, Cole was telling me some long winded story.  I replied with "Ooohhh".  Cole: "Mommy, I can't hear your words!" "Cole, I just said "Ooohh"" "Mommy, that's not a word!" "I know, I was just making that sound to say "I hear ya"" "Mommy, how can you hear me? My mouth wasn't talking"....

No comments: