Monday, March 16, 2009

New car seat

So, we went shopping for a new car seat. He has outgrown his first car seat. So off to the store we went to find a good convertible car seat--one that will face backwards for the time being and will face forward later on. Well--don't be fooled by car seats that claim to go from 5lb up! Cole is almost 16 pounds and most of the models didn't really fit him. Mainly they don't recline enough, so his head flops over when he falls asleep, which is the saddest thing:-( Also the straps don't seem to go low enough to be level with his shoulder. Anyway, we discovered that it was worth trying them out at the store. We looked silly doing it--but hey, we wanted to get it right on the first try. I let Cole try out his new seat in the living room, before I installed it in the car. He looks so cute and comfortable!


I also recently started using my Peanut Shell carrier. He really enjoys walking around with me and checking things out. I'll sometimes wear it around the house as I'm moving from room to room getting things done. He loves it--and this way I don't have to keep checking on him!

3 comments:

Kit*Grace said...

That's adorable! Love the info about the carseat, too! Henry looks stuffed in his infant seat and being 17 pounds at 3 months we are going to have to start looking into bigger seats, too!

Leslie H. said...

We bought the Evenflo Triumph. From the reviews I read, it seems like parents of young babies (who outgrew their infant carriers) purchased this car seat more often than others. We'll just have to see how it grows with him. The more I talk to people, the more I hear stories of babies outgrowing their infant carriers. I looked a a growth chart and discovered that the average baby should outgrow it length wise at 6 months! I don't think most people are equiped with this information when they buy their car seat.

Janet said...

cole looks so proud sitting in his new car seat! i thought it was commmon knowledge that those infant carriers only are useful for about the first 6 months...less of course if the baby grows fast! There is so much baby equipment that is only used for such a short amount of time!!! anyway, for that reason, we didn't even bother with one, just bought a car seat that was convertable (faced backwards and forwards)and is able to be used for an infant and up to 4 years old.