Monday, August 10, 2009

Signing:-)

Yep, we've been working on baby signs with Cole since about 4 months. By 6 months he understood the sign for "MILK" and maybe "DOG"...hard to tell. By 8 months he was signing "MILK", and probably recognizing a few more signs. This week, he definitly started signing "DOG", "MORE" and "LIGHT". Earlier in the week, I saw him point to a picture of a dog in a book and make the sign for dog! He also definitly starts to look for Isa if either of us makes the sign for dog. He's known the sign "MORE" for a while. Usually, he just waives his arms and kicks his legs if I ask him if he wants "MORE" of something. But this week, he definitly has been signing "MORE" in his highchair. He brings his hands together and claps them...his modified version of the sign...oh, so cute! Apparently, he is using that sign at daycare as well. I introduced "LIGHT" early on with his baby toys that would light up. Recently, I've used the sign to talk about turning lights on and off. I really haven't done much with that sign. But, I'd used it more than usually in the past few weeks. Well, just this weekend, I went to open up the front door and sunlight caming pooring in and wouldn't you know it but little man was squealling and maddly signing "LIGHT" as he was looking at the sunlight! Too cool!
So, Sunday I was off to the library to get more signing books, so I could brush up on some more signs. I guess I have to stay ahead of little man:-)

No comments: