Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Crawling Like a Big Boy


So, our doctor recommended that we help Cole learn the crawl the right way. Apparently, this whole crawl like a worm (or army crawl) is not the best for helping him develop his coordination skills. Of course, Cole is already working towards walking...and crawling, well...is just old stuff at this point:-) She gave me a couple suggestions--which did NOT work!:-) However, I did discover, when I was at the park on Sunday, that he doesn't like touching the grass with his belly....and therefore...started crawling on his hands and knees instead! Who knew it was that easy!

Anyway, now every evening I play with him in the grass a little and he practices crawling like a big boy. He will now crawls on his hands and knees inside as well, but he is still faster on his belly, so if he is really intent on getting something....watch out!...here comes the worm (he is mighty fast, believe it or not!). His teachers have noticed a change as well.

He crawls around with his buddy, Chase, a lot. I haven't seen his buddy crawl..so maybe they both army crawl around the room. It's fun to watch him play with his buddies. It looks like Chase and him may move up to the next class together. I'm sure that will be fun for both of them.

No comments: