Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cold

Everytime Cole gets a cold we have to start nebulizer treatments and continue about every 4 hours as needed.  This helps keep his lungs clear of junk.  It also helps drain his nose (the effect of the steam).  So, Cole is pretty proficient with this.  He's done it so much, that for a while now, all we have to do is set him up in front of the TV and he'll take his treatment by himself (Daycare is always so amazed that he does it by himself).  Although, I was a little surprised when the other day he actually turned the machine off on his own when the treatment was over.  (The only way to know if the treatment is over is to listen to the sound of the steam, it changes slightly when it is over.  Your ear gets trained to it, but I have to admit that Cole's ear is a little better than mine!).  Then, I was even more shocked, when he tried to set the machine up himself!  It was 7PM and he was trying to plug it in (yes, it's baby proofed) and set the cord up to reach the couch.  I felt pretty bad for him 'cause I figured he must really be having trouble breathing!  As it was, he wasn't due for a treatment until 8PM.  It broke my heart to make him wait an hour (although, his breathing really wasn't that bad).  Later that night, he was out of bed making noise in his room, so I went to check on him.  Well, he'd gotten out of bed to find his nose suction thing (which he usually hates!).  I asked him if he wanted help with it.  "Yes, Mama, I have boogers!" (LOL)  Poor guy...