I don't know that there is much to share about the move itself. We closed on our new house on Friday morning--the loan was underwritten Thursday night--so that is the absolute closest you can make it. As it was, the loan money didn't make it to closing on time. Not a huge deal, but they did make us come back later to get some of the final checks/paperwork. We picked up a 26ft truck that morning. While we were at closing, we had several people including 3 young guys loading our truck. They called us on our way out of the title company to let us know they were in route to our new house! We made one more trip with the truck and were finally done around 4ish. During this time, I made as many trips as I could with the car to pick up miscilaneous fragile or weird shaped items. The 7 people loading and unloading the truck were definitly faster than me! That night we took Nick's dad and those who helped us out to dinner to selebrate his dad's b-day.
Saturday morning I tackled getting the kitchen back in order. It was okay except that Cole was at home with me, while Nick was running errands. This meant I was interupted every 5 seconds by unnessesary questions! I also had to intervene multiple times to keep Cole from doing something disaterous (i.e. climbing on the china boxes, turturing our dog, going out the front door etc...)
Right after lunch we jumped into the car and drop up to a Praxis dinner in Chicago (ya, never move and drive up to chicago in the same weekend!). After a 3 hour trip turned into 5, we made it to our dinner w/o being able to stop at the hotel first. Cranky, miserable & tired we made it through the dinner and bowling, crashed at the hotel. Got up the next morning and drove to Streator IL to pick up dog food and visit with the puppies (a highlight for Cole). Then drove another 3-4 miles accross country roads--ran into 2 bridge closings--arrived home even more tired and cranckier than when we left!
Spent the rest of the afternoon unpacking. Nick went to work on Monday and I drove Cole to daycare, but I took the day off to get some more done around the house.
Last night we took a family walk in the local park. We walked through our back gate which leads to a walking trail and a small creek. Nick and Cole went creek stomping. We passed a few people on bikes and eventually turned around and came home.
Cole has been spending a lot of time on his new playground in the backyard. We bought (our first purchase in the new home) a new telescope for his playground. The one there is old and you cannot see through it. We put the telescope up last night, so Cole was having a blast checking it out.
Cole's doing a great job sleeping in his new room. The first night he woke up screaming, I think because he didn't know where he was, but after that he was fine. When I asked him what he likes about the new house he says: "I like everything about the new house!"
We did close on the Holland house on Tuesday morning. It was a relief to have that done. The new owners were very nervous about buying a home, so until they signed the last paper we were holding our breath:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment