I was up off and on last night because my back was hurting me. I made a vow this morning that I would not lift anything! I was running a little late with getting lunches ready. While in the kitchen I heard Cole's music go on in his room, which means he is up, but doesn't really want to wake up yet. He's learned how to turn the iPod on all by himself and he really likes have control of his music.
It was time to be in the car, when I went up to dress Cole. Trying to huring Cole is like trying to huring a snail--the harder you try, the slower they go! Got Cole dressed, all we were missing were his shoes. Sent him to go look for them, while I packed the car with the 2 lunch boxes, laptop, purse etc. Once outside, I realized it was trash day! I'd called yesterday to set up trash (forgot the week before) and I knew how expensive trash pickup was--so I definitly did not want to miss it! Found where Nick had stacked the multiple black bags of trash (each bag contained several kitchen-size trash bags). Realised right then and there that my vow to not lift anything just went out the window! Lifted the first bag and realized there was no way I was carrying this all the way down our very long drive--I could barely lift it! I thought about putting the trash in the back of my car, but it rainned last night and the bags of trash were wet--plus I don't think I could have lifted them up into the car! Looked in the garage until I found a little red wagon that Cole uses to pull toys. It was a little flimsy, but I thought it might work. I balanced the first bag on the wagon and slowly wheeled it down the lane. Did this another 3 or 4 times. Then took a few light weight bags down.
Finally, made it back inside. Cole greeted me with "Mama, I have poopy diaper" (ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WE ARE ALREADY SUPER LATE!). Got him all changed and in the process realized that the diaper trash was full--decided I really couldn't let this go one more week, so I bagged it up. Found socks for Cole. Found a different pair of shoes (since he never found the ones he wore yesterday--he was too busy working on his puzzles). Took Cole outside. Told him to wait by the car while I took the last bag of trash down the lane. Came back to find he got too distracted to ever make it to his side of the car. Again, tried to hurry him...nope...he slowly shuffled to the car. Finally, made it out of there a whole 30 minutes behind schedule!
1 comment:
Oh boy! I have definitely had days like that!
Post a Comment