I guess it's about time that I write an update on Cole. He just had his 4-year check up last week. He is in the 97% percentile for both height and weight (43.5 inches and 46 lbs).
Here's just a quick list of some of the things he is up to these days:
Random Funny Conversations:
1. This morning he was rambling on about some road kill he saw the other day..."then there were some big birdies--called buzzards--and THEY ATE IT!" (I've never heard of buzzard referred to as "birdies" before!)
2. "Mom, are there still Olympics?" After much discussion about how the Olympics were over and we'd need to wait another two years, "Oh, I just want to see the NightMares!" (LOL, he is still talking about the opening ceremonies. Then I had to explain to him that the opening ceremonies would be different...)
3. The nurse as she was taking his blood pressure: "This is a new thing we do. It just goes around your arm and kind of squeezes it--just like a hug." "Uh...actually...it's blood pressure!" (LOL, my jaw about dropped to the floor. I shouldn't be surprised, but I'm still amazed at his vocab)
Activities: He likes watching his TV shows (including Finn's Baby Einstein movies), he initiates playing board games more than puzzles (puzzles seem to have taken a little bit of a back seat. BTW, I did count the other day and he has 35 puzzles with 24+ pieces...and they've all be completed multiple times). He likes playing computer or phone games. He's been helping Dad hammer nails into boards--doing "Man Work". He's still an avid drawer and will fill many pages with his own creations. He is usually drawing fish, whales, transformers etc.
He has started reading 3 letter words. We have a few books he is starting to read. He'd rather memorize the words than try to sound them out, but he can sound them out if needed. He also would rather guess at the words based on the pictures. (which is a good reading strategy, so I let him take his time an examine the pictures first).
No comments:
Post a Comment