Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Rocking Chair....


Finally, a little more progress on the baby's room. I just got the rocking chair back. A coworker of mine had generously offered to help me with the repairs on the chair! Her father is a wood worker who is retired, I believe. He took everything apart and re-glued it, remade some of the spindles, added plugs to the spindles that were too short, and re-painted it. It's now safe to use and looks good! Mom made the seat cushion and armrest following a makeshift pattern (of the dimensions of the chair) that I sent her. Both items fit nicely, so the pattern must have worked! The valance is also up. Nick put it up this morning.
The quilt on the back of the chair was a gift from my boss and his wife. Mom also made three fabric pieces that will fit in some white frames and will eventually be hung on the wall. I don't want to put anything up on the wall until the dresser is in, since I may shift furniture around and it's impossible to "center" pictures on the wall without the right furniture in place! On a sad note, I just found out that the dresser is going to be delayed a whole month!

No comments: