Friday, October 23, 2009

Celebrating Cole's Birthday

Birthday Party
We celebrated Cole’s Birthday on the 22nd. Nick’s parents were able to celebrate with us. It was a little crazy trying to squeeze a party in at night, but it turn out great! We had a “backwards” party, which means we opened gifts first and then ate and had cake. This schedule seemed to make the most sense, since I wanted Cole to open his gifts when he wasn’t too tired to enjoy them. Which HE DID! He loved everything he opened (although we did most of the unwrapping). He played with everything including the books and puzzles. Thank you mom and dad for the two sets of blocks. He really enjoyed the wonder pets and he was immediately intrigued by the wooden blocks. I think he will get a lot of enjoyment out of both of those toys. He really enjoyed the play kitchen items he got from Ron and Sally as well as the tool bench he got from us. He got a cozy coupe car from his cousins and Molly and Josh, but unfortunately when I tried to put it together for him I managed to actually completely get the parts on in the wrong order…so badly in fact…that I had to order new assembly parts!! Needless to say the instructions could win some award for incompetence. Even though I assume instructions are going to be misleading and sometimes incorrect, I highly under estimated these instructions!
So, I will post pictures of the car when I finally get it set up. I was lazy and uploaded all the pictures. Usually, I try to only post the good ones, so enjoy:-)

No comments: