
I've been wanting to try rice cakes for Cole. I thought he'd really enjoy eating something that he can hold with both hands and really sink his teeth into. I tried finding some plain ones, but my only options were chocolate, carmel (both out for obvious reasons), cheese (out b/c I didn't want to feed Cole fake powdered cheese), apple/cinnamon (would have been a good choice, but Cole can't have cinnamon)...so that left salted (which originally I didn't chose b/c of the salt, but then I realized that the salt was very minimal, so that's what we went with).


Yum. Good to the last bite:-)
2 comments:
Leslie, you are TOOO funny! I had the same rice-cake dilemma a few months back. I settled on cheese and cinnamon. However, the cinnamon were harder for Keziah to eat and were SUPER sticky after she would dig in...which made me assume that they were basically straight sugar.
Oh, and why can't Cole have cinnamon?
Cole reacts very badly to cinnamon. We don't know if it is an allergy or a sensitivity, but basically it makes him very, very sick to his stomach. He vomits violently and acts very sleepy all at the same time. It last a few hours, then he is back to his normal self--but needless to say we avoid all contact with cinnamon.
BTW, the lightly salted ones only have 15mg of salt...a lot less than most crackers, so that's when I decided it wasn't that big of a deal:-) Especially considering I don't let Cole eat very many processed foods, so I figure his salt intake is probably okay.
Post a Comment