Ah, Merry Christmas a little early for me:-) Cole greated me at daycare, yesterday, with "mama, mama" Ah...precious. Last night at dinner he kept saying "mama, more" and then he would pause and wait. If I was too slow responding, he would repeat himself, "mama, more". Way too cute!
We've been watching quite a few DVDs with Cole lately. I try not to watch too much tv with him, but sometimes it's nice to watch Praise Baby or Signing Times before going to bed because it helps him unwind and keeps him happy at a time that he would otherwise be very cranky! Also, he's been getting nebulizer treatments and it really helps to have some distraction. Anyway, he's made up his own sign for "I want to watch TV". He basically points to the TV and makes the sign for "light"---makes sense, huh? Anyway, he was telling me he wanted to watch TV around 4pm last night. I really didn't want to give in to him, but I was not up for dealing with a cranky kid and I was in the mood to relax, so I let him watch his shows. He was so excited and danced to the music and sat in my lap for a good portion of the time. Then, when TV time was almost up, he started playing with his toys. Later he ate dinner and then played some more with toys (of course we got a package from Cara with lots of new toys in it, which Cole had to explore!) right up to bed time (not cranky at all this time). Hm...guess this kids knows what he needs?!?
Oh, here's an interesting observation. We have a CD/DVD player with 5 discs. I was trying to play some Christmas music and I had to skip around between the DVDs and CDs until I came to the right one. In the process, Cole heard the intro to the Signing Time DVD (which we just rented from the Library and have only listened to a few times). As soon as he heard the music, he pointed to the TV and made the sign "Light"--so somehow he made the connection between what he was hearing and knew that something should be playing on the screen! Such amazing little brains:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment