Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It's about time I added a post

Yep, haven't posted anything for a looonnng time.  The wireless keyboard died on our Mac.  I replaced the batteries, but now the bluetooth connection is not working...so my pictures are on the Mac but I cant' get them on to this blog:-(

Well, here's a little of what's been going on around here.  We recently had some flashbacks to the earlier days with Cole.  We were up 3,4,5 times during the night to help him settle down.  After about three days into round two of his antibiotics, he started sleeping straight through the night again! Wow, what a difference that makes for the whole family. 

After Memorial Day, Cole made some leaps forward in potty training.  He will now tell me "peepee", "poohpooh" if he has dirtied his diaper (a first!).  He has also started to tell me BEFORE he has to go.  The first few times, I kind of ignored him b/c I thought he was just practicing his words!  He says "bye-bye, PP, PP" when we flush and he gets excited when his diaper is dry!  He uses the potty once, sometimes twice, at daycare and multiple times at home.

He is talking up a storm these days!  He is fun to listen to when he is playing by himself or sitting in the back of the car.  He is using the word "YES" a lot more.  It's so funny to hear him say it.  The other day on the way home, I asked him who was in his class.  I started naming each kid's name and each time Cole would respond with "YES" and a nod of the head...sometimes he would stop to think before answering...it was too cute.  He can say his full name...sounds something like: Dole Wober Ans-In

He still likes to read to himself...way too cute.  He adds a lot more text to certain pages and is not concerned with the oder of the pages, but he usually goes back and forth until he's read every page.  AND, don't stop him before he's gone through every book!  He is very methodical about how he goes through each book--they start in one pile and end up in a different pile.  He doesn't have to read the book, but it does have to move from the "un-read" pile to the "read" pile.

He is usually playing on the kitchen floor with his cars (he has names for most of his cars: could be "mama vroomvroom" or "dada vroomvroom", but he aslo has a word for dump truck, tow truck, "woowoo" for firetruck or ambulance or police car).  Or, playing in the family room with his puzzles, tools or kitchen set. 

The other day I tested his puzzle skills and I dumped three wooden puzzles sets with  at least 6 pieces each.  I mixed them up and arranged the three puzzles in front of Cole.  He completed all three puzzles with amazing speed.  Two puzzles had an identical theme of trucks and cars...so there were 2 fire engines, 2 helicopters, 2 police cars etc...He knew which ones went with which puzzle!  Right before hand, I'd been playing with him and to make things more interesting I was pretending like I had a hard time finding the right place for the puzzle pieces.  I would put the firetruck in the wrong place and then shake my head and say "Nooo", then I'd painstakingly try to find the right place.  So, leave it to Cole...as he was putting the three puzzles together, he would first put the piece in an obviously wrong place and say "Nooo", then he would put it in the right place!!!! And, he still completed all three puzzles with amazing speed.  Of course, two of the farm pieces were missing, so he had to ask "where is she?" and we went looking for them...can't leave a puzzle unfinished, right?

He is spending the night with Mimi and Grampy tomorrow, so Nick and I can go out for dinner and a movie to celebrate our anniversary.  Cole keeps asking to visit "Mimi House".  Sometimes he greets me in the morning with "Mimi House?".  When we get in the car "Mimi House?".  Yesterday, I picked him up from daycare and put him in his car seat.  I asked him "Where are we going?", thinking he would be excited to go home, instead he answered "MIMI HOUSE!"  When I told him he was going to Cole's house....silence.  The whole way home, I heard "mimi house, mimi house, mimi house"...he was kind of chanting to himself.  As it turned out we did go to Mimi's house....so in the end persevenrance prevailed:-)

No comments: