We got up at 5AM this morning to take Cole to the surgery center to have new tubes put in his ears. The surgery didn't actually take place until 7:30PM, so we had plenty of time to spend entertaining a cranky 20-month old. Nine months ago, when we first had this procedure done, he was even more upset because I couldn't nurse him. This time, the waiting wasn't so bad, but he came out of surgery VERY upset. He cried the whole way to Mimi's house and was still extremely fussy when I left him there. He also cried the whole way down the hall to the surgery room. The nurses took him from us and Cole was not too pleased about going anywhere without Mama & Dada.
Both ears showed signs of an ear infection--one of the ears was really bad. I suspected as much, since he hadn't been sleeping well and had started bitting again (sigh). During surgery, the doctor removed the liquid from the bad ear and confirmed that it was indeed very bad.
Cole weighed in at 29lbs--which is no surprise considering how he's been eating lately:-)
2 comments:
So sorry all of you are having to go through this. I hope he recovers and feels like himself again soon.
Thanks Ceci! He is doing really well. He was feeling like himself after a morning nap that day. Since then he has been sleeping through the night without waking up! Yeah! He seems to be much happier. So, it was definitely worth it.
Post a Comment