Monday, May 4, 2009

6 Months!

Cole was just beginning to sit up at 6 months. He is a little wobbly and will topple over, but so far he doesn't mind those falls. I usually put some pillows around him and that seems to do the trick. He has grown so much already. It's hard to believe that half a year has gone. I've been introducing baby signs to him and to date he can recognize "milk"; he is beginning to recognize "eat"; I'm still working on "drink", diaper "change", "dog", and a few others. He has two bottom teeth that are clearly visible when he smiles. He likes to pat,pat,pat things like his high chair table, books or any toy in front of him. He will sit on your lap and listen to books for a long time. He puts everything in his mouth, of course! He likes to drink out of a cup (it's best with little to no water:-)--I still can't really tell if he is just biting the edge of the cup or really trying to drink from it. He will squeal in delight at just about anything, but especially any movements from the dog. He will screech for what seems like hours on end for no apparent reason--just practicing those vocal cords. He will "talk" to his toys as he bangs them together. He has just started to roll over on a regular basis (6 months 1 week). He uses his new skill to reach toys that would otherwise be out of his reach. I just noticed him pulling his knees up when he is on his belly. Up to this point he was mainly arching his back and kicking his arms and legs when he was on his belly. Okay, that's my quick run down of some of the things he can do at 6 months!

No comments: