Friday, September 11, 2009
Ear Troubles are Gone...Hopefully
Cole just got tubes put in his ears this morning. Everything went fine. He is such a trooper! He woke up at 5:15 (probably b/c his ears were bothering him). He just wanted a quick feeding then he would have slept more, but he was not allowed to eat or drink before surgery. Poor guy! He couldn't understand why I wasn't feeding him--so sad--and he definitely was NOT going to go back to sleep! Fortunately, the car ride over to the clinical kind of calmed him down and he remained that way until his surgery. His surgery was at 7:15. He was back in my arms by 7:45. They brought him to me sleeping, which apparently is unusual. Most babies cry after waking up, but Cole was, for the most part, just happy to sleep in my arms. He slept the whole way home. We got home around 8:15. We gave him some Pedialyte in a sippy cup. He drank it up then wanted nothing more to do with it and was looking for some MILK! Fortunately, (reason number 121 why you should breastfeed:-), I was able to breastfeed him right then, but I would have had to wait 2 hours before giving him formula! I'm so glad I didn't have to make Cole wait any longer. As soon as I fed him, he was up and about playing. Grammy came over to watch him for the day. So far they are having a good time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment