Thursday, September 3, 2009

Trip to Florida--Updated

We had a great time in Florida. Nick, Cole & I flew down on Saturday. Nick returned on Wednesday and Cole & I stayed until Monday (are original plan was to leave on Sunday, but our flight was canceled and re-booked for Monday).

The first weekend we spent at Cara & Seth's place. Saturday we were busy with preparations for our Sunday boat outing. On Sunday, we rented a pontoon boat and the whole family (Cara's + Mom, Dad & Reece) spent the day out on the water. As you can see Cole is all decked out in his boat gear. Gotta love the live jacket...makes him look like a turtle!:-)

My mom took this pictures. We anchored our pontoon boat at Crab Island, which is a sandbar and popular hangout place for boats. As you can see it is only a few feet deep.
Sunday night through Tuesday night, Nick, Cole & I visited with my parents in their condo. We went to the beach on both days and tried a couple seafood restaurants. This is another picture from my mother. Uncle Nick is helping Cole and Ryan build a sandcastle.

Cole really enjoyed crawling around and playing with his cousin Ryan who was staying with my parents that week. Here's a picture of Cole's hair after I put sun screen in it. Hmm...I think he needs a hair cut! Note: Cole is crawling on his tummy.

Nick and Cole enjoyed some quality time together. It was nice just to relax at the condo. Tuesday night, we returned to Cara's because Nick needed to ride in to work with Cara on Wednesday morning to catch his flight. Nick's flight was uneventful (which is a good thing!). He returned to work on Thursday and then was off again on Friday because he had surgery on his knee that morning. Cole and I were sad that we couldn't be there (are trip was planned prior to the surgery), but Nick's mom was there and all went well.
On Thursday, the "Eagin" family participate in an Iron Chef competition at the resort. There were five teams competing. My parents were one of the teams and the siblings (Cara, Reece & Leslie) made up another team. We had a blast cooking up two dishes in our small condo in under one hour. The secret ingredient was Ritz crackers. My team opted for a chocolate/peanut butter pie. I'm happy to report that we came in first place:-)

That Friday, we returned to Cara's since we had to check out of the condo. I had Cara help me cut Cole's hair. It was my first real attempt at cutting hair (yes, I do believe I've cut Reece's hair once...but that's another story). Here's a picture of Cole's new hair. Although, I did end up cutting off some more of the length on the top after this picture was taken. I think he looks good, but Nick misses the curls:-) Well...wouldn't you know it, but by Saturday Cole was crawling around on his knees with his cousins. Not sure what happened, but he is now crawling on his knees...no more army crawl. Crazy how much things change in just one week!

We drove a hour to the airport on Sunday just to discover that our flight was canceled and reschedule for Monday! So, we went back to Cara's, unpacked....repacked that night (a lot of work!). Drove again to the airport on Monday. This time our first flight was delayed 45 minutes which gave us a 5 minute connection in Atlanta! Fortunately our arrival gate and departure gate were right next to each other...so we walked off one plane and pretty much walk right on to the next plane! Crazy times!

No comments: