Well, we were at Disney when Cole turned 16 months. I'm been a little busy since then and had almost decided to just skip the 16 month update. Partly, I've been thinking that Cole really hasn't changed much in the last month, so there's not a lot to report on. But, after reading his 15-month blog, I realize that there are some things worth mentioning.
First, his new daycare. I realized that I never reported back on how things were going. Well, I can say that things are going GREAT. Cole had no issues adjusting---in fact, he did so well that first week that I was starting to feel back about not pulling him out of his old daycare sooner. For the first time ever, he wasn't alwasy eager to go home with me. His deaminor was better at home. He didn't seem as tired when I picked him up. This daycare has an indoor gym--and boy is that one of Cole's favorites! Everyone there is so nice and you can tell that the children like being there. As an added bonus, Cole is eating a pack lunch which means he is eating much healthier, which I think also affects his energy level and moods in general.
Motor skills: Cole has learned how to crawl down the stairs backwards. He gets lots of practice at Grammy & Grampy's with there three sets of half-stairs. Cole is very careful to STOP and crawl backwards at the top of the stairs. I really noticed this when he was playing on the playareas in Disney. There were lots of small stairs and Cole (even in the rain) got down on his knees and crawled backwards (yes even if it was just a little speed hump!). Last night, he discovered pulling a toy with a string behind him! Too cute, to watch him giggle as he alternated between running, walking, turning around, going around corners etc....to see how this toy kept following him around!
Speech: He is definitly trying to talk more. He has a new sign for "PopPop" and a sign for "Nina", but other than that I can't think of any new signs for this month. I think he is concentrating more on saying words. He is a great mimic...say anyword and he'll repeat after you. ( I think he freaked his new teacher out yesterday, because he mimicked every word she said when she was holding up flash cards....it makes you think he knows the words for all those things. But, in reality, he only uses about 10 words.)
Potty Training: We still have our goods days and our bad days. He did excellent at Disney! He used the public restrooms there like a pro! He seems to do better when we travel than when we are at home?!? I still can't figure that one out. I'd say on average he sits on the potty 6 times a day and will have success 2-3 times a day, so not too bad.
He still loves reading books, playing in his kitchen, "torturing" Isa :-), rough housing with Dada, taking baths and watching his DVDs.
No comments:
Post a Comment