Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Our weekend in South Haven


On a lighter note, our weekend in South Haven went really well. We found that it was worth the effort to get us all out of the house and away for the weekend. We stopped in Lafayette on the way up to visit with Jennifer. She hadn't met Cole yet, so that was fun. From there we drove the three hours to South Haven. We had a book on CD and I think Cole slept most of the time, so the ride up was uneventful. Cole did manage to go through two changes of clothes before we ever made it to S. Haven! At that rate I wasn't sure if the 6 outfits and 2 PJs that I packed was going to be enough. It turned out in the end that he was wearing his last clean outfit on the way home! We took Cole swimming in the hotel pool--a little chilly so it was a quick in&out. Just long enough for a few pictures.

We had dinner at a nice restaurant that was recommended to us and the following day we met my friend and her family for lunch and then Cole and I stayed for her shower. We left around 3:30 and drove straight to Lafayette, were we stopped for dinner and then drove home. Cole was more difficult on the way back--I think b/c his teeth were bothering him. He kept stuffing toys in his mouth. He would try one toy, then cry in frustration, try another toy, then cry in frustration....so sad to watch (did I mention that he has 2 bottom teeth?). We did give him some meds, but he was still pretty miserable. All in all we had a pretty relaxing weekend and a much needed change of scenery!

2 comments:

Cara said...

Oh my, his cheeks are so red in some of those pictures. You can defnitely tell that he is teething. Poor little guy!

livingtheadventure said...

LOL! I look kinda crazy in that picture! at least Cole looks good. ;)