Mommy is so proud of you! You are growing so fast. I just thought I'd jot down a few things that Cole is doing now that he is 8 months old.
--He just started crawling this weekend. He pulls forward with his two hands and then pushes off with his toes. Too cute!
--He likes to eat: rice & oatmeal cereal, pears, apples, sweet potatoes, squash, peas, carrots, nectarines, plums, apricots, chicken and yogurt. We have tried bananas and avocados but the jury is still out on those. He is having a hard time with foods that are just mashed.
--He is a great eater. When he is hungry he will open his mouth and bob his head towards the spoon. If he is done with that food type, he will bite his lips closed and say "mmmmmm". If he wants milk, he will stare me down and say "MMMM" and bang his closed fist together--I think it is his attempt at the "milk" sign.
--He is practicing picking cheerios up off his tray. At meals, I put a few cheerios on his tray to let him practice his thumb and finger skills. So far only one or two have ended up in his mouth the others have all been fed to Isa! He is really skilled at knocking them off the tray with just one finger! Too cute:-) It's hard to tell who enjoys meal time better. Cole laughing at Isa's antics or Isa licking cheerios off the floor!
--He is still nursing/bottle fed 6 times a day and gets solid food at two of those feedings
--He is sleeping about 10 hours at night, before waking up for an early morning feeding, then he goes back down for an hour or so until 7 am (which is when I have to wake him up)
--He takes about 1 to 4 hours of naps total in a day. Usually a morning nap and an afternoon or very late afternoon nap.
--He has four teeth. Two bottom and two top.
--He weighs 19 lbs and is 30 inches long
What can I say? He is a wonderful little man and Mom and Dad are very proud of him!
P.S.--No pictures with this blog entry, b/c Cole was sick yesterday. Past the 1-month mark, I've not been able to take pictures of him on his 'month' anniversary b/c each time he has been sick or tired or out of sorts for some reason! Yesterday, was no exception:-(
2 comments:
fun to read your blog and hear what Cole is doing! it's so fun and exciting watching them learn new things! sounds like you are all doing great and enjoying your time together. a note on the avocados and bananas: Emelia would eat those two things mixed/mashed together but not seperate. She still does not like bananas unless mashed with other fruit! weird - I always thought all babies loved bananas....
Janet--Good to hear from you! That's interesting about the banana and avocados. I've tried that combo once, but I'll just keep trying bananas with different combinations. I'm surprised too. My whole family loves bananas..well especially me and Isa (It's our dog's favorite treat!).
How are you doing? I've heard that you have another on the way! Congrats!
Post a Comment